- "We know what you're doing down here. Soul sand and three wither skulls? You're building a Wither!"
- —Jesse to Ivor about the Wither Storm. (Determinant) src
It was created by Ivor through the use of the command block, which was later destroyed in the conclusion of the fourth episode. It was programmed to follow Gabriel the Warrior's amulet. However, due to some mishaps, it became out of control and unstoppable, destroying everything in the way of the amulet.
When created, the Wither Storm appeared to be a regular Wither with a Command Block within its chest. Though as it began to pull in the surrounding blocks, it quickly transformed into a gigantic, black creature with long, powerful tentacles, and along with its three heads. With each head comes one purple, glowing eye and a large set of mandibles. The Wither Storm was also made of mostly obsidian, with a nether brick interior, and quartz teeth.
While the storm still held some of the similarities as a normal wither, it contained a few enderman-like qualities as well. The tractor beam was able to pull blocks and objects towards itself. The ability can be compared to the abilities of the endermen. Both were able to manipulate a block's location without tools or breaking it, similar to how an enderman can pick up any block. The Wither Storm's anti-gravity beam was also purple; the associated color of the end.
At the end of "The Last Place You Look", the Wither Storm was split into three separate entities. Two of them resembled slightly smaller versions of the original but with only one head. The other one was the main Wither Storm monster also with one head; it had the largest body and held the command block inside.
The Wither Storm was a very powerful creature. It gained its extraordinary capabilities with the help of the Command Block. Its powers were:
- Firing Wither Skulls that explode violently on contact, leaving behind an accumulation of flames.
- Using a tractor beam to pull in any entity, block, and person within it. Being left in the beam for too long can inflict people with Wither or Wither Sickness.
- Using its several tentacles to break through any block (including Obsidian) and to attack from a distance.
- Regeneration, as long as the Command Block was intact.
- Splitting and creating progenies of itself if separated into pieces once linked to the original. If the original Wither Storm who had Command Block dies, its progenies dies along with it.
- Forming and activating additional heads as well as tentacles inside its body cavity to protect the Command Block inside.
- Tracking the Order's Amulet unless it is in the Nether or the End.
The list below shows the victims the Wither Storm has killed:
- Magnus the Rogue (Determinant)
- Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer (Determinant)
- Reuben (Pig) (Indirectly)
- Several Hostile Mobs
- Possibly a few Humans (indirectly)
The Wither Storm was powered by the Command Block, so to defeat it, Jesse used an enchanted weapon (with Command Block powers) to destroy the Command Block. This defeated the Wither Storm and assured it would never reanimate back to life.
- The Wither Storm is the first major antagonist in the series and the first antagonist to be created by a person.
- The second antagonist created by a person is PAMA.
- It is also the first non-human major antagonist, the second being PAMA.
- The Wither Storm cannot be built in normal Minecraft, though all of the materials needed to build one exist.
- The terms "Witherstorm" and "Wither Storm" are interchangeable; in fact, both terms were used to refer to it in Minecraft: Story Mode. The former was used in episodes 1 and 2, and the latter was used in episodes 3, 4, and 5.
- When the Wither Storm's middle head mutated, its eye color changed to cyan, in contrast to its main color, purple.
- In "Hero in Residence", several posters of The Wither Storm are seen throughout Beacontown.
- The Wither Storm is the first antagonist to have an antagonistic role for more than one episode, the other being Romeo.