This page contains information on a subject that does not yet have an official name. Once an official name is given to the subject or character, this template can be removed.
The Lava Race is one of The Games run by The Old Builders. The objective of the game is to race against other teams of Competitors through a series of obstacles without falling into the lava or being eliminated by enemy teams using weapons.
The lava race area is located in an area close to the dormitory, connected to a small room where the competitors can line up before the race starts.
- In the beginning is a long sprint involving falling lava plumes competitors must dodge. The tunnels then converge and at this stage the opponents have the option to attack each other.
- Then the competitors jump into a stream of water which takes them to Gladiator Junction, where contestants must pass through without being eliminated by gladiators.
- It is then a straightforward vine climb above a lava pool. A long stairway leading to the finish line follows this.
- Petra (Determinant)
- Ivor (Determinant)
- Some Competitors
- The Gladiators
- Tim (Fictional)
- Capital T
- Slab the Immovable
- The race seems to be similar to the Minecraft game Death Run though without the constant flow of different traps.
- The Yellow Team was assumed to be eliminated during the Race, as only the Purple Team, Green Team, Blue Team, and Jesse appear in The Walls.
- However, for a team to be sent to the mines, their entire team must be eliminated. If the whole team really was eliminated, none of them would be present while Jesse makes his/her speech, they would already have been sent to the mines.
- The Lava Race uses a game mechanic unique to Minecraft: Story Mode which involves having to direct Jesse's trajectory using the player's movement keys, (for PC). Previously, in most cases, players simply had to press the correct key when prompted to complete such tasks.
- This mechanic was possibly intended to make the Lava Race more challenging for players, especially for players using console.