- For the Minecraft: Story Mode exclusive tool that can be used to light special Portals, see Enchanted Flint and Steel.
A Flint and Steel or Flint & Steel, is a tool found in Minecraft, used to light things on fire. In Minecraft: Story Mode, it is one of the first items obtained, along with the Shears and a Wooden Sword.
- In "The Order of the Stone", Jesse finds a Flint and Steel in his/her chest. Later, they use this to ignite a Nether Portal.
- In "The Last Place You Look", Jesse accidentally pulls out the Flint and Steel, instead of the Amulet, leading to confusion.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", after Jesse and Olivia fix the barge, they are attacked by zombies, Jesse uses the Flint and Steel to start the machine.
- In "Order Up!", Jesse finds the Enchanted Flint and Steel of the Overworld which they use to go the Sky City.
- In "A Portal to Mystery", The White Pumpkin threatens to kill Jesse's gang and the YouTubers in the Mansion to search for the Enchanted Flint and Steel.
- In "A Journey's End?", Jesse attacks Emily during the Lava Race using the cyan Enchanted Flint and Steel if he/she does not save Nell from falling.
- In "Jailhouse Block", The Warden threatens to blow himself and everyone after seeing Xara escape by igniting a TNT using a Flint and Steel but is killed by Xara. The Flint and Steel drops in his inventory. It was later picked up by Rob.
- In Episode 1, if Jesse doesn't light the Nether Portal in time, Petra takes the Flint and Steel from him/her and lights it herself.
- In Episode 3, where Jesse mistakenly pulls out the flint and steel, it could have been used to burn the bookcases blocking the exit. However, this was a mistake and was supposedly added for humor.
- Strangely, Jesse needs to light up the machine in Episode 4 with a Flint and Steel, instead of a Redstone Torch or a Lever.
- "Flint and Steel" and "Flint & Steel" are interchangeable.
- In Minecraft: Story Mode, "Enchanted Flint and Steel" means an exclusive item rather an ordinary set with normal enchantment(s).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.