- "...Only then did Gabriel deliver his famous, final blow... We became heroes, and eventually legends."
- —Soren the Architect to Jesse about the Ender Dragon fight. src
The ender dragon was a giant black dragon with large wings and spikes. She had dark purple eyes similar to those of Endermen.
The ender dragon had the ability to fly, could shoot acid charges from her mouth and spew acid at her victims. She would also be continuously healed by the Ender Crystals.
After the Order of the Stone entered The End, Soren zapped the Ender Dragon out of existence using the command block. Ivor took the Ender Crystals and the ender dragon was not seen thereafter. In Soren's story, the Order helped destroy the Ender Crystals. Gabriel finished the battle by "tapping" the ender dragon with his sword.
- Notch has confirmed that the ender dragon is a female.
- Once the ender dragon is defeated in Minecraft, her egg spawns on top of the end portal, and only female creatures can lay eggs and give birth (with some exceptions).
- The ender dragon is one of the few mobs to have a confirmed gender, the others being Reuben (Pig), the Zombies, Winslow, one of the Witches, Benedict, Lluna, Nurm, Wink, and Waffles.
- As of Update 1.9 of Minecraft, it is now possible in Minecraft to re-spawn the ender dragon using four ender crystals.
- In the concept art for the Challenge Rooms in "Giant Consequences", there was a room with an ender dragon face--this is not seen in game.
- She is the only boss mob from original Minecraft to appear in Minecraft: Story Mode so far.