- "I'm in the middle of my greatest project to date - a powerful block capable of altering reality itself!"
- —Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer about the Command Block. src
The Command Block is a block that appears in Minecraft: Story Mode.
The command block is mostly orange with diagonal patterns, and in the middle of each side is a gray panel with multicolored pixels that appear to be lights.
The command block can be programmed to perform tasks, and grants great power to the wielder. It has the ability to perform near-impossible tasks, and can even alter reality. It was used to program the Wither Storm into tracking the amulet, and also gave the Wither its mutated form.
- In "The Order of the Stone", Ivor uses a command block to create the Wither Storm, a deadly Wither Storm that absorbs blocks and destroys everything in its path.
- In "Assembly Required", if Jesse goes to Redstonia, he/she can help Ellegaard build a command block.
- In "The Last Place You Look", even after Jesse destroys the Wither Storm, the command block is able to re-create it.
- In "A Block and a Hard Place", it is revealed the The Order of the Stone used the command block to give themselves powers and destroy the Ender Dragon. It is also revealed that the command block gave Ivor an enchanting book that could be used to enchant a weapon to destroy it.
- As a Minecraft: Story Mode exclusive feature, the command block pulses before performing an action.
- Magnus/Ellegaard mentions that Ellegaard/Magnus was the only one who was still good at what she/he did without the command block.